An open letter to our Hero

Happy Father's Day!


Ollie,

I should be feeling like the unluckiest person ever right now. Only 40 children a year in the UK are diagnosed with Retinoblastoma; and our boy is one of them. But somehow I feel overwhelmed at how fortunate we are in having you. You are the one that spotted the symptoms that were almost impossible to see. You are the one that drove to A&E that dreaded night our journey began. You were the one that kept me strong when we found out. You were the one that woke up with the children and acted like everything was normal- when I just couldn't. You are the only one who knows exactly how I am feeling. You are the one that takes them to the skatepark at 7am every sunday morning and makes alls those precious memories for them. You are the one that reads them their bedtime story. You are the one that always treats me with utmost respect and gives them both the perfect male role model. I want you to understand just how grateful I am. I've always known you're an amazing dad but in the last few weeks you've just dazzled me. The boys love you so much. You are the definition of the perfect Dad. I never thought I'd meet anyone as amazing as my own Dad but I was so wrong. Our kids are so lucky and I hope they grow up to be just like you. Happy Father's Day.




All my love,

Laila

Comments

Popular Posts